Breast lift, also called mastopexy, is for those who after years of pregnancy, nursing, and/or the force of gravity, have lost elasticity, shape or breast tissue. Breast lift is a cosmetic procedure to raise and reshape sagging breasts.
A breast lift can rejuvenate your figure by restoring the shape and firmness of the breast. In the breast lift surgery the breast are raised and the nipples are repositioned and the darker skin surrounding the nipple (areola) can be reduce.
If your breasts are small or have lost volume, breast implants can be inserted in conjunction with breast lift. This can increase both their firmness and their size. Implants are also used to minimize the scar; the combination of these two procedures requires only a scar around the areola.
A breast lift with implants will lift your breast for about four to five centimeters from the present position of your nipple. To see breast augmentation & lift before and after pictures please click here
If your are considering breast lift surgery, any of the following reasons will may make you a good candidate:
- You have realistic expectation about what the breast lift can do for you and you fully understand that the breast lift won't necessarily change your looks to match your ideal.
- You are in good health, emotionally stable and don’t have any pre-existing medical conditions.
- You feel your breasts are too saggy, and feel self-conscious wearing clothes and/or swimsuits.
- Your nipples are pointing downward.
- Breasts lost their shape and firmness due to breast-feeding or weight loss
- You are not pregnant, breastfeeding or have an infection any where in your body
Initial consultation for breast lift in La Jolla /San Diego
A personal consultation in our exclusive La Jolla / San Diego office is the very first step if you are considering breast lift.
During the consultation at our La Jolla / San Diego clinic, Dr. Ron Soltero will assess your physical and emotional health, discuss your expectations about breast lift and examine your breast.
You will also be able to talk about the size and shape of your breast, the placement of the nipples, incisions and risk involve with breast lift.
In our La Jolla / San Diego clinic Dr. Ron Soltero will be showing several before and after pictures of breastlift.
The breast lift surgery
Depending on your physician and the method of breast surgery that has been chosen, your breast lift procedure can be performed as an inpatient (requiring an overnight stay in the hospital) or as an outpatient (no overnight stay required).
The breastlift procedure is performed on our La Jolla / San Diego certified surgery center (outpatient facility). Dr. Ron Soltero’s office is conveniently located in the UTC / La Jolla area. Fully equipped with two AAAASF certified operating rooms, it stands out to be one of the most private and select plastic surgery offices in the San Diego area.
The approach used for your breast surgery depends not only on Dr. Soltero’s preferences, but also on the look that you want to achieve.
The most common method of breast lift involves 3 incisions; incisions outline the area of skin to be removed and the new position for the nipple. After Dr. Ron Soltero has removed the excess breast and shaped the remaining breast tissue, the nipple an areola are lifted. The scar of the breast lift looks like an anchor.
General anesthesia is used to perform a breast lift. A Board Certified Anesthesiologist administers the anesthesia.
After the breast lift surgery
You will probably feel tired and sore for several days after the breast lift operation. However within one or two days you should be up and around.
When breast lift surgery is complete, your breasts are higher and firmer with temporary stitches around the areola, below it and in the base of the breast
Your breast may remain swollen and sensitive for a month or longer. After a few months your breast will begin to settle into a more natural shape
The scars are permanent and may appear worsen after a few months, but will fade with time.
Some pre & post op tips for breast lift
- Do no take any medication that contains aspirin, vitamin E, weight loss medication or any Chinese herbs for 2 weeks before the surgery. A complete drug list will be provided on your pre op date.
- Arrange for an adult to drive you to and from your surgery. You CAN NOT take a taxi home. You must also arrange for an adult to stay with you for 24 hours after the breast lift operation.
- Do not smoke for at least 2 weeks prior to the surgery
- After the first dressing change, wear your bra continuously day and night to support and position the breast.
- Driving is permitted after a few days, if not taking pain medications or muscle relaxors.
- Avoid heavy lifting, exercise or excessive movement of your arms for 2 weeks.
- You may resume all normal activities after 3 weeks of the breast lift surgery.
More specific recommendations will be made when you come in to our La Jolla / San Diego clinic.
If you would like to know more about breast lift you can contact us by phone, e-mail or by scheduling a consultation at Dr. Soltero’s office:
4510 Executive Drive Suite 105
San Diego CA 92121
(UTC / La Jolla area)
Please click here to check estimated prices for breast lift surgery