Thigh lift or leg lift is a cosmetic procedure designed to improve the shape of your inner thigh. It consists of a lift in which the excess skin is removed from the inside of the leg. The scar is then hidden in the inner thigh fold, between the pubic area and the thigh. The result is a smoother, tighter looking inner tight.
In many cases, patients have experienced a large weight loss, resulting in a saggy appearance to the skin. A thigh lift can help patients achieve more smoother and firmer look t. A surgical thigh lift removes skin that has lost its elasticity, improving the overall appearance of the thigh area, although focusing specifically on the inner thigh.
A thigh lift can be usually combined with other procedures, such as tummy tucks and liposuction. To see thigh lift before and after pictures combined with tummy tucks and liposuction, please click here
If your are considering thigh lift surgery, any of the following reasons will may make you a good candidate:
- You have realistic expectation about what the thigh lift can do for you and you fully understand that the thigh lift won't necessarily change your looks to match your ideal.
- You are in good health, emotionally stable and don’t have any pre-existing medical conditions.
- You feel your inner thighs are too saggy, and feel self-conscious wearing shorts and/or swimsuits.
- You have lost a significant amount of weight due to a bariatric surgery or a traditional weight loss method such us diet and/or exercise.
Initial consultation for thigh lift in La Jolla /San Diego
A personal consultation in our exclusive La Jolla / San Diego office is the very first step if you are considering thigh lift.
During the consultation at our La Jolla / San Diego clinic, Dr. Ron Soltero will assess your physical and emotional health, discuss your expectations about thigh lift and examine your examine your skin for firmness and elasticity.
In our La Jolla / San Diego clinic Dr. Ron Soltero will be showing several before and after pictures of thigh lift.
The thigh lift surgery
Depending on your physician and the method of breast surgery that has been chosen, your thigh lift procedure can be performed as an inpatient (requiring an overnight stay in the hospital) or as an outpatient (no overnight stay required).
The thigh lift procedure is performed on our La Jolla / San Diego certified surgery center (outpatient facility). Dr. Ron Soltero’s office is conveniently located in the UTC / La Jolla area. Fully equipped with two AAAASF certified operating rooms, it stands out to be one of the most private and select plastic surgery offices in the San Diego area.
The incision used to perform a thigh lift is placed in the groin area beneath the bikini line. A crescent of skin is removed from the groin, then the tissues below the incision are loosened and the "thigh lift" takes place as the skin is pulled up and the incision sutured shut. Deep stitches are used in the thigh lift to secure the skin to ligament and bone, preventing sagging as the incisions heal. General anesthesia is used to perform a thigh lift. A Board Certified Anesthesiologist administers the anesthesia.
After the thigh lift surgery
You will probably feel tired and sore for several days after the thigh lift operation. However within one or two days you should be up and around. Avoid bending and heavy lifting. You do not want place unnecessary pressure on the stitches.
You will probably be able to return to work in a couple of weeks and exercise more rigorously in about four to six weeks after the thigh lift
After the thigh lift you can expect an immediate improvement in the contour of your thighs, and your contour will continue to improve as the swelling subsides over the months. The sagging, hanging folds of skin will be gone and your thighs will appear tighter and possibly smoother. However, the final contour and appearance will not be fully realized for many months after the operation.
The scars are permanent and may appear worsen after a few months, but will fade with time.
Some pre & post op tips for thigh lift
- Do no take any medication that contains aspirin, vitamin E, weight loss medication or any Chinese herbs for 2 weeks before the surgery. A complete drug list will be provided on your pre op date.
- Arrange for an adult to drive you to and from your surgery. You CAN NOT take a taxi home. You must also arrange for an adult to stay with you for 24 hours after the thigh lift operation.
- Do not smoke for at least 2 weeks prior to the surgery
- After the first dressing change, wear your compression garment continuously day and night to support and position the skin.
- Driving is permitted after a few days, if not taking pain medications or muscle relaxors.
- Avoid heavy lifting, exercise or excessive movement of your arms for 4 weeks.
- You may resume all normal activities after 6 weeks of the thigh lift surgery.
More specific recommendations will be made when you come in to our La Jolla / San Diego clinic.
If you would like to know more about thigh lift you can contact us by phone, e-mail or by scheduling a consultation at Dr. Soltero’s office:
4510 Executive Drive Suite 105
San Diego CA 92121
(UTC / La Jolla area)
Please click here to check estimated prices for thigh or leg lift surgery